Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

 

This is my childhood home. Yep, that's right, I grew up in a log cabin in the middle of the country. I never knew how good I had it. 

I love going home for visits. Which is what we did this past weekend. We could not have timed it any better. My parents got 6 inches of snow a couple days before we got there. It gave the kids the opportunity to really play in the wintry mix for the first time. They sledded down the driveway, they built a snowman, they threw snowballs. They had a blast. 
They also got up at 5am everyday.Something about the country that makes them do it I think.

I on the other hand had a great time photographing Dad's vineyards. For those who don't know, my parents own and operate their own winery.
 
Yes, that means free wine for me. I am a lucky girl.

 

Anyway, the snow and ice was beautiful and we all had a great time catching up with my family. I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment